GOLDEN VISA - Resident Permit for Investment Activities
The Golden Visa programme launched by the Portuguese Authorities is a fast track for investors to obtain a fully valid residency permit in Portugal and consequently free access to the vast majority of European countries (Schengen area).
Aimed at attracting foreign investment to Portugal, the Golden Visa is a very straightforward and flexible programme, with simple and clear legal requirements. With extremely reduced minimum stay requirements, the Golden Visa is clearly one of the most attractive residency programs for investors in the world.
Options for investment activity
(since 1st January 2022)
- Capital transfer with a value equal to or above 1,5 million Euros;
- The creation of, at least, 10 job positions;
- The purchase of real estate property with a value equal to or above 500 thousand Euros (for residential properties it is only applicable in the interior of Portugal);
- The purchase of real estate property, with construction dating back more than 30 years or located in urban regeneration areas, for refurbishing, for a total value equal to or above 350 thousand Euros;
- Capital transfer with a value equal to or above 500 thousand Euros for investing in research activities conducted by public or private scientific research institutions involved in the national scientific or technologic system;
- Capital transfer with a value equal to or above 250 thousand Euros for investing in artistic output or supporting the arts, for reconstruction or refurbishment of the national heritage.
- Capital transfer with a value equal to or above 500 thousand Euros, for purchasing shares in investment funds or in venture capital geared to capitalize small and medium companies that, in turn, must present a feasible capitalization plan.
ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS OF THE PORTUGUESE GOLDEN VISA
- Straightforward and flexible investment requirements
- Extremely low minimum stay requirements - 7 days first year and 14 days following periods of 2 years
- Fully extensible to family members (with no further investment requirements)
- Freedom to travel to all European countries members of the Schengen area
- Possibility of Permanent Residency after 5 years and nationality after 6 years
- No limitations on ownership of the selected investment
- No limitation on subsequent investments or employment opportunities
- Very limited number of documents required
- Residency applications quickly processed
- Access to all Portuguese Public Services, including health and education
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL INVESTMENTS
- Investment maintained for a minimum period of 5 years
- Funds for investment should come from abroad
- Residency application only submitted and approved after investment
- Entry in Portugal with a valid Schengen visa
- Absence of flags in Portuguese Immigration and Schengen services
- Absence of conviction of relevant crime
Contact us and we will be in touch asap.